We’re pretty excited about our new handmade cast iron tapas pan from Oigen and to celebrate we’ll be sharing a collection of tapas recipes perfect for your next dinner party. First up is a seriously tasty sausage and polenta dish that is really only an excuse to chug down a bottle of Rose or two.
Pork Sausage and Polenta Tapas Recipe
- Serves: 2 as an entrée
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Equipment: a sharp kitchen knife and a cast iron tapas pan
- Cooking time: 16 minutes
- 1 x artisan sausage cut in 1 inch slices
- 1 x clove garlic sliced
- 1 x french shallot cut in 6
- 6 tbsn pre cooked polenta
- 6 x cherry tomatoes
- 4 x sprigs oregano
- 1 x egg
- olive oil
- ½ lemon
- Pre heat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Heat tapas pan on stovetop and coat with olive oil.
- Randomly add sausage, spoons of cooked polenta, tomato, shallot, garlic and oregano and cook on stovetop for a few minutes.
- Transfer to oven and cook unto sausage is sizzling (about 12 minutes).
- Remove from oven and crack an egg over the top.
- Return to oven and cook until egg white is just cooked.
- Season with salt, olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Mix through egg and serve.
- Experiment with a variety of sausages and herbs e.g. lamb and mint, pork and fennel, chorizo
- Let cool for 5 minutes before eating, the juices will be re-absorbed into the dish
- Oigen’s cast iron tapas pans are designed to both cook and serve