There are as many tapas recipes for garlic prawns as there are days in the year. Here’s one of our favourites …
Garlic Prawns Recipe
- Serves: 2 as a drinking snack
- Preparation time: 3 minutes
- Equipment: a sharp kitchen knife and a cast iron tapas pan
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 8 – 10 green tiger prawns, tail on
- Good quality olive oil
- Passata (Italian tomato simmering sauce)
- A handful of sliced basil
- Fresh chilli (optional)
- Put ½ inch oil in your tapas pan along with the garlic.
- Cook over medium/low heat until the garlic softens a little. Make sure the pan isn’t too hot, as you don’t want to brown the garlic.
- Add prawns and salt. Cook prawns for about a minute on side and turn over.
- After another minute turn up heat and add Passata (add chilli now if you like). Bring to a simmer for one minute.
- Turn off heat, stir through basil and check for seasoning.
- Serve immediately in the pan so the prawns stay hot.
- Always de-vein the prawns
- Serve with crusty bread on the side to soak up the sauce
- Try this recipe with scampi instead of prawns